Friday, December 11, 2009

Can Boston get ride of LUGO & CRISP?

Crisp is actually very tradeable. He's a Gold Glove calibur CF and has good speed and has potential to improve offensively (he did bat .300 two seasons ago). He also is only making a little over $4 million/year.





Lugo is another story since at $9 million no one will take him unless he's packaged with a prospect and/or the Red Sox eat a significant portion of his salary. I'd actually rather they hang on to him since he can only improve next season and he did still drive in over 70 RBI despite his poor season.Can Boston get ride of LUGO %26amp; CRISP?
Hopefully, I want AROD at SS and Ellisbury in Center.Can Boston get ride of LUGO %26amp; CRISP?
Crisp is all but gone. Jacobi Elsbury is more than ready.





Lugo will depend on the outcome of the free agent market and the destiny of Mike Lowell





Idealy, in my opinion, I keep Lowell and find a great gold glove shortstop.
Crisp has value and will be traded. Lugo is overpaid, and like Renteria, the Red Sox would have to subsidize part of this contract to any buyer. That is not a trade, it's a salary dump.


Sign Lowell and don't worry about Lugo.
They can pretty much get rid of whoever they want...as long as someone out there has interest in the player...or just flat out release them (but that will cost them)...but I am against getting rid of Lugo...so he had a bad year...who cares? Give the guy more than just one year...I am so tired of the revolving door the Sox have had at short ever since they traded Nomar...I would definitely keep Lugo and I hope the Sox do...he started really heating up towards the end of the year...I would keep Crisp too but I think they might try to move him and start Jacoby in center next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
itchy skin