Saturday, June 26, 2010

How can i get ride of those WIN MESSENGER SERVICE pop up msgs coming 4rm my LAN connection in XP professional?

someone from my LAN connection has settled the timings for that n now it is bugging me in every single minute of hour. im an ordinary end user who don't even know what type of messeging is it actually.





a small pop-up window arrives in center of my windows screen (on the top of everything i works on) in every single minute containing some stupid nonsense msgs with having only a OK button on it. causing my system more busy n having those hundreds of pop up aside of my win time/date pane, i mean if i drag it to a corner.. n when i comes to close my pc, i, first have to click those OK buttons hundred of times ..just clicking the left side of my mouse endlessly. Phew, im tired of it.





Help,


thanks,How can i get ride of those WIN MESSENGER SERVICE pop up msgs coming 4rm my LAN connection in XP professional?
Disable the Messenger service and they'll go away. Right click on My Computer and choose Manage. On the left side of the window that appears, click the plus sign next to Services and Applications. Then click Services. Right click on the Messenger service. Choose to Stop it and Disable it. That's it!How can i get ride of those WIN MESSENGER SERVICE pop up msgs coming 4rm my LAN connection in XP professional?
1. Go to Start %26gt; Run...


2. Type services.msc and click OK


3. Find ';Messenger'; in the list and check to see if it is ';Enabled'; or ';Disabled';.


4. If it is ';Enabled';, right click on Messenger and select properties


5. Press the Stop button and change the ';Startup type'; to ';Disabled';.


6. Click OK.





This should fix the problem. If not (or if Messenger says ';Disabled'; already), something else is the problem.





Do not change anything else in the services window, or you may cause programs to stop working.





Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
itchy skin